Dating
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Distance Hurt

Go down

Long Distance Hurt Empty Long Distance Hurt

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Hmm bit of an old topic but I've got a story thats pretty relevant and it'd be good to get off my chest.

Where to begin? Well I'm in the US Army National Guard, and about 10 months ago I decided to take up an offer to goto a school out in Georgia for radios and computers. I'd also started talking to this girl a little bit just as friends around the same time. So January comes by and I get shipped down to the school for about 4 months. I was pretty excited to get out of the place I was living at and go somewhere new.

So I get there, I get situated in and start my training. I pretty much loved it down there, I basically got paid to goto school, get fit, and sight see around the area. Even went down to savannah for a weekend. I was still talking to the girl, things eventually got more involved, and around the middle of february it pretty much hit me over the head that I was fallin for her hard. I pretty much spent everyday and everynight just talking to her through the phone, text, and instant messaging.

So yea, the next few months of my training pretty much were a blur. I was pretty much estatic to get home and hang out with this girl I thought was pretty much amazing. There were a few times though she asked me if I ever wanted out, and my response was always the same, I wouldn't trade her for anyone else at the time. So I get home and we start casually dating, and everything's going good for awhile. Unfortunately being in the National Guard I always had to leave for the weekend sometimes, and other times I got calls where I might be activated for state emergencies. I didn't think it was a big deal.

And then one night she just texted me out of the blue saying she had been thinking alot and that she didn't think the whole thing could work out. I over reacted and the situation spriraled out of control, something I pretty much regret. Yea, ironic that life gave me a phone call the next morning from my unit. I was asked if I wanted to volunteer for a deployment over seas. I thought it over for awhile and decided I'd do it. I waited a month before I told her, and alot of buried feelings just rose up. Apparently she was just waiting for problems to just work themselves out and that she didn't want me to leave. That gave me a huge headache. Anyways, the situation blew over, and she starts dating a guy without telling me. Eh needless to say that hurt that I had to find out from one of my friends, and I just decided it was time to just cut of every form of communication. Its been three weeks since then, and luckily everything's gotten easier to deal with.

Thats the short story.

Admin
Admin

https://freedatingtoday.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down