Dating
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something unexpected just happend

Go down

Something unexpected just happend Empty Something unexpected just happend

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:55 pm

I really need some advise here. My girlfriend just broke up with me a week ago last Tuesday. I explained everything in another post in the "Breaks and Breaking Up" forum under the topic "Very Difficult Loss". Anyway, I have tried giving her some space since then. I wouldn't call except maybe every couple of days to see how her Christmas went or see how she was doing. She also did the same with me. I thought space was what she needed most. Anyway, New Years Eve she called asking what I was doing. I told her that I was going to a party, and she told me to have fun. She was going to see a friend's new born grand child. Turns out that night she called at midnight to tell me Happy New Year. She left a voice mail because I didn't have a phone signal at the time.

Anyway, she sounded either tired or down. I really couldn't tell and didn't want to read too much into that. I called her back around 10 that morning to tell her Happy New Year, but she still didn't sound quite right. Then later that afternoon the most unexpected thing happened. She called me (sounding like her old happy self) and asked me if I wanted to go do something with her this Saturday night. I told her that I would love to. So, now, I'm trying to figure out what this is about.

When she broke up with me she said we could still date, but I was thinking she may have been saying that to soften the blow. Plus, on Christmas, I asked to take her to see a movie that was coming out in Feb, but all she said was "We'll see". So, her asking me out for Sat. was a complete surprise, but I'm confused about what to make of it and what it really means if anything. I never thought she would be the one to ask me to go out and do anything. Also, could this be that she maybe wanting to reconcile?

On one hand, I almost don't see coming to me about reconciling (but I didn't think she would be the one to ask me out either), but on the other hand, I also don't see her asking me out for Sat if it doesn't mean anything because of the break up being so fresh and she knows how I much I love her. It could send the wrong signals, and I don't see her doing anything that could give me false hope at this point. I know that when we go out, I'm just going to be my old self and have fun. Let her see the side of me that she fell in love with. I was also thinking that right now if there is going to be any talk about reconciling that I should let her be the one to bring it up.

The last thing I want is to push her away now that I have my foot in the door. I would appreciate any advise/guidance as to what her asking me out could mean and anything else I could do that might help us get back together. I am definitely a little confused.

Admin
Admin

https://freedatingtoday.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum