Dating
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disclosing Disability

Go down

Disclosing Disability Empty Disclosing Disability

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm

I'd like to ask everyone when they would tell a date about a disability.
I am in my late 40's and have not worked since 1997 due to disability. I was married for most of this time so no problem. Now divorced and starting to date. It's a big issue. I am at a loss as to the answer to the question "what do you do, where do you work,how long have you been retired,where did you retire from,your to young to be retired" etc. What I have said to date; is told them the whole story,another I will not say unless I get to know you much better, another I don't work-no follow up after I said that,another never asked but these have all been one date experiences except for one which has been two dates. I don't want to lie,but it's tempting to say retired military or inheritance whatever as long as it's not disability and the length on disablility. I'll be on disability until I am in the grave so thats the situation. Looking at me one would could not tell I am disabled-hidden they call it.
Yes, I have asked myself what I would want if the situation was reversed and I am not sure. I certianly would want to know sooner thatn later,but how soon?
Thanks

Admin
Admin

https://freedatingtoday.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum