Dating
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Anyone Else Relate to This?

2 posters

Dating :: Dating :: Dating

Go down

Can Anyone Else Relate to This? Empty Can Anyone Else Relate to This?

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 pm

OK so I guess I should start this with a little background. About nine years ago I sort of gave up on dating. I retreated into the safety of my appartment and burried myself in video games and my career. I thought I was happy being alone and prety much figured that I would be that way the rest of my life.

But a few weeks before my 42nd birthday I had sort of an awakening. One night I was feeling so alone and despised what I had let myself become. I was 275 ounds, looked like hell, and felt even worse. Then like a light switch being flipped on I decided to flip my life around 180 degrees. Since that time I have lost over 50 pounds (with several more to go), I have seen doctors and a dentist and started repairing the damage I did to my body and my self esteem. And I am starting to feel prety damn good about myself again.

To work on the lonlieness part of my life I joined several online dating services. However after sending out over a hundred interest notifications on several different sites and sitting back and waiting for several weeks not a single one replied. This was destroying my newfound self esteem. So I have since cancelled all of these accounts.

Something happened in last several weeks though. I met this woman named Cara. She is single and not seeing anyone, she is 14 years younger than me, has a 4 year old son, and is a co-worker of mine. One day at work while talking with her I started to feel something I hadn't felt in at least 13 years. I had butterflies in my stomach. And of course having taken so much time off from dating and because she is a co-worker I told myself that I should just try and suppress these feelings and move on with my life. It has now been 5 weeks since these feelings first surfaced and I still cannot shake them. Seeing her at work every day makes it hard for me to concentrate on my job.

I have talked with friends, posted on other relationship sites, and spent countless hours conteplating what I should do. I am trying to take their advice and remain friendly with her and hope that someday I will have the courage to ask her out. But at this point I am not sure that I can handle whatever the outcome would be positive or negative. But someday when I feel I can I am sure I will ask her out. I am sure that I could not live the rest of my life not knowing.

If anyone else has had a similar experience or has any words of wisdom I would appreciate hearing from you...

Some days I think I am going to go crazy...

Admin
Admin

https://freedatingtoday.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Else Relate to This? Empty Re: Can Anyone Else Relate to This?

Post  isaac4 Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:42 am

The plan was for us to tag team every hour or two basically until everyone was gone, the owner said "we are going to try and just not close." I was looking forward to a five am minimal set!
I had never played next to this Jimmy kins character, but was I in for a surprise.

proposal ideas

isaac4

Back to top Go down

Dating :: Dating :: Dating

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum